Saturday, May 26, 2007

Memorial Day Reflection

I am three quarters Italian...my homeland is an area in Tuscany...hard to find a more beautiful area...one day I will finally see Florence and the home of the Medici...interesting group of people the Medici...be amazing to find a villa to live on...With the 'Net, I can still blog...I will get to my homeland soon...after fighting for 48 years, or at least thirty years since I turned 18, I am tried of banging my head against the wall...I know if I stop banging my head, the headache will go away!!! But I really don't think the American people have a voice anymore...we just don't matter...we have blogs to vent on, but the politicians do what big business wants...unless we get to vote on the issues, I just don't believe the two party system works anymore...if one party lead by King George can rape and rewrite the Constitution, Democracy is starting to fail...when the Democrats have lost the power to fight back, the system is failing...when 70% of American wants to bring the troops home and our voice is ignored by both parties, we have ceased to matter...another 500 soldiers will die by September...billions of more dollars wasted...I went back and read about how Vietnam was defunded and it took about three years of fighting with Nixon...I hope this war can get defunded in less time...I am a persistent person...but there is a fine line between persistent and stupidity...look at King George...retreat is not surrender...I am starting the process of selling my house but with the current market, plus I have to convince my brother to sell our "homestead", I just may pack up and leave....my brother can rent the house...I close friend, a life long Republican who left the party because of Bush, Chaney, and Rove, sold her house, moved to Costa Rica, teaches English as a second language and couldn't be happier....she loves Costa Rice...I am ready to move there too....I could live in the mountains, teach English, which I have done for twelve years at the community college level, would be amazing...so day by day I plan to leave the madness behind...I feel like I am walking away, but I am tried of being voiceless...I feel it is simply time to move on...maybe Ed, Ruthann, CA, Pam, Jamie, Steve in Iowa, Bill, Todd, and the rest of the gang, can buy an island somewhere and leave in Freedom and PEACE...Memorial Day is here...my dad was killed in Vietnam...for the 3400 plus killed in Iraq, the 385 plus killed in Afghanistan, and all the others who have died since the USA fought for its freedom back in the 1770s and all the others who have served this Country and our serving today and over this weekend, we need to say THANK YOU and remember them this weekend...kept them close to our hearts...and hope all our politicians find a conscience...

No comments: